I provide consultation services for youth (2-18), adults, parents and families. Issues may be, behavioral, developmental, emotional or relational. In a warm and supportive atmosphere, clients are offered a highly personalized approach to help attain the personal growth they are striving for. I have an integrative and interactive theoretical approach.
- Adjustment to illness
- Adjustment to parental separation
- Anger management
- Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA)
- Behavioural and emotional issues
- Blended families
- Bowel retention
- Conflict resolution
- Compulsive hair pulling
- Developmental delay (specific or pervasive)
- Effective and positive educational method
- Family conflicts
- Feeding problems in young children
- Frustration tolerance
- Language development stimulation
- Parental concerns
- Parental disagreement
Physical complaints without medical cause
Refusal to speak
- School refusal
- Toileting issues
General information for clients
- Appointments are available days, evenings, and Saturdays (between 11 AM and 2 PM).
- Sessions last 50 minutes unless otherwise planned.
- The first session focuses primarily on assessment. We discuss why you decided to seek a consultation now, and what issues you would like to explore and work on. This allows me to gather information about your background and history. It also gives you a chance to ask questions and see if we can develop a comfortable working relationship. Should this be the case, we discuss an intervention plan.
- Depending on your situation, a few weekly consultations may be all you need (3-4, 6-8). Some clients find a medium to long-term approach preferable. After you have applied what we have discussed outside the sessions, you may decide to come less than once a week, or proceed on your own.
- My approach is an integrated look at feelings, thoughts, behaviours, and relationships, aimed at improving personal and interpersonal well-being in the future.
Rates are available upon request. Reduced fee services are available for students and other individuals with limited financial ressources on a limited basis, or if long-term intervention is deemed necessary.
Interac transfer or cash payment at the time of service.
If you do not show up for your scheduled appointment, or if you fail to give 48 hours' notice for a cancellation, you will be required to pay the full cost of your session.
- The office is located at 4047 Grey Ave.
- Close to Villa Maria metro and buses 24, 63, 124 and 138.
- Parking is available.
- Parents of young children are welcome to stay in the waiting room.